Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Some more big goals...

Several of my goals have to do with saving money. Even though I have a fairly decent job, life is expensive and somehow, more often than not, I run out of money before the month is over. Another goal I have is to lose some weight. I’ve gained quite a lot of weight in the past two years, and I keep finding stuff in my closet that's too small. When that happens, it makes me want to buy new clothes, but that doesn’t really get me closer to either of these two goals. So I decided to just stop buying new clothes until I’ve lost some weight. This saves money, and also stops me from using the new stuff I just bought as an excuse to stay at my old weight a little longer.
Instead, I’m going to clean out my closet, take out everything that doesn’t fit and keep only the things I can actually wear. This way, I will no longer be frustrated after seeing all the nice clothes that don’t fit, and maybe I’ll even find some other nice things that I forgot I had. I’m not throwing anything away, just taking it out of view for now.
I haven’t decided how much weight I want to lose before I start buying new clothes again, but I’m thinking about 10 kilos. Because I gained the weight slowly, I already have a lot of clothes in different sizes, so I should have enough to wear for a while. And that will only give me more time to save money for the awesome shopping spree at the end! :D
So I’m adding a new goal to my list: clean out my closet, only add stuff that I already have, and only when it really fits again.

No comments:

Post a Comment